CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Water rescue and slope evac training

Engineer Ron Freeman and Capt. Byron Warr from E-113
Firefighter Fitch and Capt. Jay Torgersen E-116

Paramedic Kurt W. Berge and Capt. Jay Torgersen E-116, M-116


You can see from the look on my face there was a over size cat fish going for "my bait."



Engineer Eric Johnson E-116




Capt. Torgersen E-116





Paramedic Kurt W. Berge. M-116






This is our water rescue and slope evac training that took place a few weeks ago. Engine 116 is located on 8200s. Wasatch Blvd. in between Little and Big Cottonwood canyons so we have a lot of responsibility for the coverage of both canyons. We respond to hikers and people playing in the rivers who have managed to hurt themselves.

5 comments:

Cam Ballou said...

Your job is so much better than my job!!! Looks awesome. I am still trying to follow your secret fireman code - E116, B42, O69er?? How about the big red truck with the shiny ladder?

Jamie said...

Great pics!

Jolene said...

I think it is awesome that you are doing this, besides it almost as good as a fireman calendar you know I do need some excitment in my life.

Liz said...

Cool blog, I like the concept. This is Mike Starley's wife, and I have a random question for you. What do you think about Masterguard fire protection products? Are they worth the money? We're trying to decide. Thanks.

J said...

So that catfish must have been at least a couple of inches long.