CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Again, we had another 1 month old boy die on us today. The mom met us at her front door with the baby lying lip in her arms with grey skin. We knew it wasn't going to be good and we were right the baby never came back. The mother told us she had fed the baby at 4:00 this morning and then layed in bed with the baby. She woke back up at 7:30 and noticed the baby wasn't breathing. We think the mother made a mistake and accidently suffercated her baby.
We went on another dead person that afternoon and pronounced him dead at the house after trying everything. And again that evening we picked a guy up from his house who was having dificulty breathing and he died 1 hour later at the hospital. A very bad day to die in Tville.

But on a more funny note. We had to move a 600lb. fatty off of the toilet. This guy had a gut that hung down to the floor. He had been sitting on the pot for five hours and decided to call for help. We got there and he was on a toilet that basically sits on top of a walker, so he wasn't even on a real toilet. The house stung to high hell from the fungus that was growing in his fat rolls and that didn't seem to help matters. So there he his naked on the pot. As we lift him up in the air he forgets to tell us that he's not done yet, so a number 2 falls out. Seeing a number 2 along with the smell of fungus started to give some of the guys the dry heaves. I just started laughing and thought to myself "the crap we deal with as firemen" and then I started to laugh even harder.
The crew was mad at me because I stuck my head out the window for fresh air and just kept laughing while they were stuck with his smell. Needles to say we got him out. We layed out a tarp across the room, rolled him into it and then drug him like a tranquilized bear down the hall and out on to the porch. We then cut his railing off of the porch so we could roll him into the ambulance. Truly wished you all could have been there.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

so sad to hear about another baby.

Is this Fatty story true?? I think it sounds made up.....pretty gross!

Cam Ballou said...

You have GOT to be KIDDING me? That is the funniest thing I have ever heard - you can't make shiz like that up!

Sorry about all the dying though :(

Liz said...

I'm sorry to hear about the baby, what a sad thing for both the child, but also the mom that is going to have to wonder if she was the cause. I can't even imagine.

On "a more funny note" WOW, what a gross thing to have to do. Yuck!!!

The Coreys said...

Hey Jon, the dieing part is the hardest, it's just a good thing we have the crazy stories to keep us going. I got on FT with Sandy as their Fire Prevention/Education Specialist. It's fun and my kids are glad I am off the combat side...I do miss it, but this is a good job for me. Be careful out there....